**Monday - Friday 8a-4:30p / No Evenings or Weekends**
The purpose of the Pharmacy Technician is to assist the Pharmacist in the fulfillment of prescriptions. The pharmacy technician participates in the technical functions of the practice of pharmacy including performing packaging, inventory and record keeping requirements as well as manipulative or repetitive tasks relating to the processing of a prescription order in a licensed pharmacy.
- Performs data entry, record keeping, adjudicate claims, packaging, and other tasks related to the fulfillment and dispensing of prescriptions
- Provides telephonic customer support (inbound and outbound calls)
- Contacts physicians for refill authorizations
- Collects pertinent patient information
- Assists Pharmacist in the maintenance of procedures and records in compliance with state and federal laws
- Other Duties as assigned
Education required: High School Diploma
- Registered (or qualified for registration) as a pharmacy technician with the Kansas State Board of Pharmacy
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
Years of experience required:
- 2-4 years of recent experience as a pharmacy technician in a licensed pharmacy.
- Retail or Specialty Pharmacy experience
Specific type of experience required:
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Detail oriented, accurate and efficient
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and must be able to stand for long periods
- Supportive, progressive, fast-paced environment
- Competitive pay structure
- Matching 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance
AssistRx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All offers of employment with AssistRx are conditional based on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Sponsorship and/or work authorization is not available for this position.
AssistRx does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of AssistRx and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire