Patient Access Specialist
The purpose of this position is to help patients get access to the medications and therapies that they need. This role works with healthcare providers, patients, payers and pharmacies to gather information about a patient’s insurance policy and the coverage provided by that policy for a specific pharmaceutical product. This position provides access and affordability services for an assigned caseload and helps healthcare professionals and patients navigate any challenges the patient will face to access medications. The work of the Patient Access Specialist helps make therapies more affordable for patients and gets patients on therapies faster. Provide day-to-day oversight for caseload to ensure all cases and tasks are completed in a timely manner. Shift 830a-5p
- Answer inbound calls and make outbound calls to introduce services, gather patient data, address the needs of the patient and review insurance benefits.
- Conduct benefit investigations for patients by making outbound phone call to payors to verify patient insurance benefit information, navigate complex reimbursement barriers and seek resources to overcome the barriers
- Verify patient specific benefits and document specifics including coverage, cost share and access/provider options
- Handle difficult patient situations when they arise
- Document and initiate prior authorization process and claims appeals
- Communicate the results of benefit investigations for patients to healthcare providers and patients in a timely manner and accurately
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Finance, or Business
Years of experience required:
- 3 to 5 years of benefit investigation involving the analysis and interpretation of insurance coverage
- 3 to 5 years of experience interacting with healthcare providers in regards to health insurance plan requirement
- Pharmacy background/call center or MD office experience preferred
- Exposure to enrollment, pre-assessment & benefits' processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills and grammar
- Computer literacy/competence
Specific type of experience preferred:
- 2 to 3 years of claims, health insurance benefits or health care billing experience.
- SalesForce system experience.
- Supportive, progressive, fast-paced environment
- Competitive pay structure
- Matching 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance
AssistRx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All offers of employment with AssistRx are conditional based on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Sponsorship and/or work authorization is not available for this position.
AssistRx does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of AssistRx and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire